When it comes to making casino deposits, American Express is one of the most accepted credit card in casino. Despite its American origin, this online payment option is not limited to bettors in the United States. Simply put, this banking method is often used by gamblers from all over the world.
Many players, especially high rollers, like to use this option for online casino payments and withdrawals. This is because of its high transaction limits. Furthermore, their deposits are fast and convenient.
If you’re looking for the best American Express casino sites, you’re on the right page. Here, we explore how we use the payment option for deposits and withdrawals. As you read on, you’ll also learn the pros and cons of using the card for transacting at online casinos.
Intro to American Express
Amex for short is a multinational financial services corporation that issues a variety of payment cards and cheques. In use since its inception in 1850, the company presently boasts more than 110 million cardholders in 180 countries. Although most of Amex’s customers are in the United States, the corporation is not restricted to this market.
Thanks to the high level of protection they provide and the widespread acceptance of Amex cards, this means of payment is commonly accepted online. It is also widely accepted by reputable online casinos, allowing players to easily make deposits and cash out their winnings. The Amex app, which is downloadable for both iOS and Android, also ensures that customers always have easy access to gambling sites that accept American Express to their accounts.
How to Make a Deposit Using American Express
It just takes a few minutes to make a deposit with this option on an online platform. Deposits made online are just as safe as those made at a bank, since they use the same encryption technology used by the provider. Therefore, here are the steps required to deposit at an American Express casino. These steps are similar irrespective of whether you are using a desktop computer, an iPhone, or an Android.
Get your card ready
Before you can use American Express online, you need to have a card. If you do, you can proceed to the next step. On the other hand, if you don’t, you have to visit your bank and apply for one.
Register at an American Express casino
Once you have your card ready, search for an American Express online casino review. You can find these sites by reading comprehensive reviews from trustworthy sites. Once you’ve found a platform with offerings that suits your requirements, proceed to sign up.
Many modern online gambling operators make it easy for players to register and start playing on the platform. Clients simply have to visit the online gambling site, select the registration option, fill in the necessary information, and complete the process. On some sites, you might need to confirm your email or phone number.
Visit the cashier and make a deposit
After successful registration, visit the cashier section of the platform and select the deposit option. From the list of payment alternatives, choose American Express, enter the amount you want to deposit, and complete the transaction.
How to Withdraw from a Casino Using American Express
Cashing out via this option is as easy as making a deposit. Note that online gambling sites will set a minimum and maximum amount that you can cash out from your account. Furthermore, you might have to undergo a few verification processes before the gambling site approves your payment request.
Here are the steps you can take to withdraw from your casino account:
- Log into the gambling platform and navigate to the cashier section.
- Select the withdrawal option and pick American Express and your preferred payment method.
- Next, key in the amount you want to withdraw.
- Enter the necessary details and submit the form
The time it takes for an online gambling platform to process your payment varies from one outlet to another. Once the account has been approved, it might take a few days for the funds to show up in your bank account.
Safety and Security
American Express is continually innovating and enhancing its methods for keeping consumers and their payments secure. Numerous safeguards are already in place, making Amex one of the safest banking systems in the world. A prime example is the requirement for two-factor authentication for online payments.
Users can link their phones to the card and will receive a unique code for each transaction. Users must enter this code before the payment provider can process the money transfer. This also applies to deposits made at gambling sites that accept American Express.
The payment provider also takes further steps to keep its customers’ accounts safe. If the system detects indicators that the card has been hacked, it will immediately monitor the account and notify the cardholder. The list of internet security measures includes automatic 10-minute timeouts, email confirmation for retrieving forgotten passwords, personal security keys, and more.
The updated and free Amex mobile application is available for iOS and Android smartphones. After linking the accounts, the app lets you monitor your account at all times of the day and night. For further protection, you can secure your device using your fingerprint or Face ID.
Pros and Cons
There are several benefits to gambling at an Amex casino. However, using this payment option also comes with a few downsides that you should note. Here, we have explained the advantages and disadvantages of using this method for gambling.
- American Express is safe and secure: When you use American Express as a payment option, your financial and identification details are protected. The company uses state-of-the-art security measures to protect its customers. Aside from this, we recommend that you play only at licensed and well-protected sites to enjoy a fair gaming experience.
- It is a fast way to deposit funds: This alternative is one of the quickest ways to deposit funds. You can visit the cashier and send your money into your online gaming account and start playing your favorite games straight away.
- It’s available at many online casinos: The payment method is one of the most accepted in the online gambling industry. What this means is that there are tons of online casinos where you can use the payment option to deposit and cash out. This gives you options that you can compare, from which you select the one that suits your gaming preferences.
- Players earn rewards for using it to make transactions: You may join one of American Express’s reward programs that offers bonus points whenever you make transactions.
- Withdrawals could take a while: One of the biggest drawbacks of using this card option is that you might have to wait up to a few days to get your winnings. This could be anywhere between one and five business days.
- Not as widespread as other banking options: Truly, this is a very popular alternative. However, it is not as common as Mastercard or Visa. As such, you might not find it as a banking option at some top brands in the gambling industry.